In this article, I have discussed what are Acronyms, 35 must know Acronyms, and in the end, 5 Bonus Emoticons.
What are Acronyms ?
If we use the first letter of words or phrases together, then it is called acronyms.
They are usually made up of initial letters of a longer name or phrase.
Acronyms E.g. : WHO is the acronym for the World Health Organization.
RADAR is the acronym for Radio Angular Detecting and Ranging.
Use of Acronyms
People use acronyms for ease in written communication.
If you use them in social media chatting, It makes your chatting much faster and saves your valuable time.
You can use it freely in Email writing, and in any technical documents.
While using acronyms in Email or in technical documents, you should restrict the number of acronyms in individual sentences.
35 Must know Acronyms
- AAMOF is an acronym for As a Matter Of Fact
- BBFN stands for Bye Bye For Now
- BFN depicts Bye For Now
- BTW means By The Way
- BYKT demonstrates “But You Knew That“
- CMIIW indicates Correct me if I’m wrong
- EOL stands for “End of Lecture“
- FAQ is an acronym for Frequently Asked Question(s)
- FITB depicts “Fill In The Blank“
- FWIW means “For What It’s Worth“
- FYI stands for For Your Information
- HTH indicates Hope This Help
- IAC demonstrates “In Any Case“
- IAE shows “In Any Event“
- ICL means “In Christian Love“
- IMCO stands for “In My Considered Opinion“
- IMHO indicates “In My Humble Opinion“
- IMNSHO demonstrates “In My Not So Humble Opinion“
- IOW depicts In Other Words
- IMO means In My Opinion
- LOL stands for Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Luck
- MGB indicates May God Bless
- MHOTY means My Hat’s Off To You
- NRN gives meaning for No Reply Necessary
- OIC depicts “Oh, I See“
- OTOH stands for On The Other Hand
- ROF demonstrates “Rolling On The Floor“
- ROFL means Rolling On The Floor Laughing
- RSN indicates “Real Soon Now“
- SITD gives meaning for “Still In The Dark“
- TIA describes Thanks In Advance
- TIC stands for “Tongue In Cheek“
- TTYL means Talk To You Later
- TYVM indicates Thank You Very Much
- WYSIWYG is an acronym for “What You See Is What You Get“
These are 35 must know acronyms you should use in your social media chatting.
And There is no issue using them in Email writing. You can freely use it. But refrain from stuffing them in individual sentences while writing an Email.
5 Bonus Emoticons
Here I have listed 5 Emoticons which you can use in your social media chatting.
- <G> means Grinning
- <J> indicates Joking
- <L> shows Laughing
- <S> stand for Smiling
- <Y> means Yawning
You can use these 5 Emoticons as Emoji. By using them in your written communication, you can show your face’s expressions.
I’m sure you didn’t know about these Emoticons or Smileys. If you already knew them then give us a smile in the comment section.
Please tell us what you want to know about in my next article. We will make and upload an article on your demand within 2 to 3 days or ASAP